Friday 29 January 2010

Help - Compact Camera

Hey, I've got a problem. I have decided to add to my camera collection, well... this one is actually for my Wife ;-)
I would like one of these:


This is the stunning Canon S90. 10 Mp, 28mm wide angle lens.
But most importantly it has one of the lowest pixel densities, which means a very small and expensive camera - £340!


or this......
the rather nice, Panasonic Lumix ZX1. 25mm wide angle lens, 8x zoom and 12 Mp sensor! So, better spec and it's cheaper, much cheaper at £185. 

So is this a simple choice? No way, ok it is for the Wife, but I will use it. The Canon has much more in the way of manual control, which I am addicted too.

Can you help? Which would you buy?

It may be too late; Jessops have the S90 on offer at under £300.

No comments:

Post a Comment